1-day trip to Philadelphia
With 1-hour tour of Princeton, NJ and Princeton University and 4-5 hrs sightseeing tour of Philadelphia
Duration: ~ 10 hrs
Transport: minivan Mercedes Metris
Number of tourists: from 1 to 6
Pickup: at your hotel or at address
Drop-off: back at your hotel/address in Manhattan
This is not just your another road trip from New York to Philadelphia, but a full-scale sightseeing tour of the city of brotherly love and Princeton, NJ - absolutely lovely university town, which is impossible not to fall in love with from the first sight!
We usually leave your hotel or address in Manhattan at 8AM or 9AM to get to Princeton avoiding the morning rush hour. Princeton is the town where one of the most prestigious university in the world, Princeton University, is located. If you have seen ‘A Beautiful Mind’ movie then you will immediately remember it - it was shot in Princeton, and the main character was one of the professors at Princeton University. Also, the university campus also resembles the Hogwarts school of magic from Harry Potter :).
The tour of Princeton will take us no more than 1 hour or 1.5 hours and I am sure that you will want to stay longer there, but Philadelphia, the first capital of the USA, is waiting for us!
In Philadelphia, we will see / photograph / discuss these interesting sights:
- Independence Hall - perhaps the most significant building in the history of the United States;
- The Liberty Bell, which is a traditional symbol of America;
- the old part of Philadelphia, where we will walk along the oldest street still inhabited in the United States, Elfert's Alley;
- the stunningly beautiful and interesting Philadelphia City Hall, at one time the tallest stone building in the world;
- Benjamin Franklin Boulevard departing from it, which can be photographed from any point - a lot of impressive space, architectural and sculptural attractions, flags of the countries of the world;
- Cathedral of St. Peter and Paul - one of the largest Catholic cathedrals in the United States;
- Rodin Museums and the Barnes Foundation Museum;
- Philadelphia Museum of Art - one of the museums in the United States, worthy of competing with the New York Metropolitan in its scope, volume and quality of its art collection. The famous "Sunflowers" by Van Gogh (one of them) - are just here;
- panoramic view of the whole city from the steps of the art museum;
- beautiful Fairmount Park behind the Philadelphia Museum of Art, when we have time left in our tour.
We will return home to New York around 7-8 pm, full of new impressions, positive emotions and tons of pictures.