2-days trip to Washington DC
With stops in Princeton, NJ and Philadelphia, PA
Duration: 2 days
Transport: minivan Mercedes Metris
Number of tourists: from 1 to 6
Pickup: at your hotel or at address
Drop-off: back at your hotel in Manhattan or in DC
Price: $2,300 (including hotel for the tour guide)
2-days trip from NYC to Princeton - Philadelphia - Washington DC, with 1 night stay in DC
While you are in New York City, and you have some time to spend, why don't you have two days planned to travel and explore the capital of the United States, Washington DC, as well as NYC's neighbors, Princeton and Phila?
We usually start early in the morning to get past rush hour leaving Manhattan, so I'll pick you up from your hotel around 8:00 am, or earlier if you don't mind.
Our first stop is Princeton, NJ where we'll have a short tour of Princeton University after which we'll go to Philadelphia where we'll make city tour, seeing the the Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, old town of Philly, City Hall, Ben Franklin Boulevard, St Peter and St Paul Cathedral, Philadelphia Museum of Art, the panoramic view of the city where we'll have our lunch, in one of the finest restaurants.
Then we'll have another 2-hour drive to come to the capital of the USA, and, weather and time permitting, we'll have a little night tour of Washington DC.
Here in DC we stop for the night (your hotel is not included) and we start our DC city tour early next morning to have enough time to see all sightseeing spots of our capital:
- Library of Congress (the largest library in the world);
- US Capitol (the one that's on the U$50 bill) where the Congress of USA sits we'll have 1-hour tour inside the Capitol;
— National Mall (open green space is always a great backdrop for photos);
- Museum of Aeronautics and Space (Yuri Gagarin's spacesuit and Moon landing modules, yes, they are there);
- Stella of George Washington (the tallest stone structure in the world);
- The White House (if we're lucky, we'll see the President);
- memorials of the Second World War, the Korean and Vietnam War (this is unusual, revealing and interesting);
- the Abraham Lincoln and Albert Einstein Memorial (the one on the $5 bill, amazing views like in famous movies);
- Arlington Memorial Cemetery;
- Pentagon Building, Memorial 911 (the only point where you can take pictures of the Pentagon building);
We leave Washington DC at about 5PM to get back home to New York City around 10PM, tired, but full of impressions, emotions and new knowledge.
This is a private tour, a licensed sightseeing guide is at your disposal throughout the entire tour.